View Single Post

No BS, all 100% true... although I have left parts out, mainly because I already shown my cards too early and spilled the beans on the stolen motor.

At this point it does not matter anymore so i'll fill in the rest... As I said, everything I have posted is the truth 100%. Although I am more interested in finding the motor then the owner is as he is almost 75 and has no interest in the cars anymore, yet alone persuing a legal battle to find the motors which were stolen over 20 years ago.

He has moved twice in that time period and can not find the original police report which was filed. I have contacted the department that it was filed with and because the crime did not involve a rape or a murder, the records are shredded after 8 years. I left messages with the auto theft department but never heard anything back, presumeably because they have no way of finding the records for it so I'm pretty much stuck there.

I have contacted Ebay in hopes of finding information of the buyer/seller but of course, they are useless and of no help either, so i'm pretty much stuck on all the leads I had and can only hope that those who contacted me will contact me again... but as I said at this point it does not really matter...

After talking with the owner I told him a proper replacement motor would be about $35,000 he almost had a stroke (not really but you know what I mean). Yet alone the car was already undergoing an amateur restoration and while he did a pretty good job the car is in pieces for the most part and will take a bit more then just a motor to get it going again.

He bought this car for like $6000 in 1975 so even though he knows it could be worth $150,000 or better, he has no interest in it anymore and will be selling the cars. I have tried to get an idea on the value of the car but no response yet so i'll make a post about it soon or it will sell to a private collector here in Georgia who has shown interest.

Here is a picture of the cars in question when we pulled them from his storage unit...

Last edited by CKPTAuto; 05-26-2014 at 05:14 AM..
Old 05-26-2014, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #16 (permalink)