View Single Post

1983 Original owner 930/911 turbo imported from Europe FOR SALE

I don't know if I am in the right place or not but if this isn't the appropriate place for this post mod please move it and I am sorry.

My father purchased this 1983 930 Porsche in 1984 from someone who had it for 10k miles or so. My dad has had it ever since and has used it quite a bit since then. It has sat in our drive way for 9 of the years without being driven.. It has been parked since 2007 until now not driven either. My dad has babied this vehicle and taken well care of it throughout the years. He has had 2 paint jobs both of which he had the whole car taken apart (doors off, engine out etc..) spent 7-8k on paint jobs each time. He has rebuilt the motor and put a new turbo in it 12-13 years ago.

He stopped driving the car in 2007 because the car would turn off randomly once a week or once every few weeks for no apparent reason.. He took it to a porsche mechanic to work on the issue but it kept happening so he stopped driving it. It is an electrical issue so that needs to be trouble shot. Mechanically the car is in great working order other than it needs the gas flushed, plugs changed?, oil changed, and new tires/battery. I will post pictures of the car in an hour or so. The odometer says 229k miles. My dad has passed away and my mother is the one selling his car. We are getting an idea of what it's worth and seeing if ANYONE here can help us or point us in the right direction selling this Grey market collectors dream :b

We got a paper from AAA from NADA saying 1983 porsche 930 turbo carrera low - $33,200 Average - 42,400 and High retail - $53,600

Can anybody help point me in the right direction on how to get what this car is worth? We have this really persistent guy telling us he will give $17,000 for it but that is NOT going to happen... I know it's worth more than that obviously. Thanks for any info. given, we really appreciate it. Here is a picture

Last edited by josholand; 05-26-2014 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: adding pictures but will add more pictures in a while. Please let me know of ANY pics you want me to take of the car...
Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)