View Single Post

Garage
Funny you should post this as ive just developed a problem with the breathe line from the Oil Turbo Tank,

Yesterday while driving back from the shops i had smoking and when i got back i had oil everywhere in the engine bay where it had sprayed from the Breather i dont know why it started to do this as i didnt change anything relating to Oil as far as i know,

Before i had his problem all i did was remove a crimped Smog injection and replaced with PLugs, i also took off the exhaust manifolds and checked the gaskets and resealed as i had a small leak at the middle pipe, engine system pressure i have not checked neither have i checked system oil pressure as i dont have the gear and taking it into a shop is out of the question,

I have checked compression but they were all on 105 psi give or take 1 psi i havent checked them when engine is warm though but as there was little/no variation across the board i dont think it is necessary.

So the oil is leaking /spraying against gravity uphill to exit the filter,
Can ethe type of oil used cause this?

What is the best thing i should i do to troubleshoot/alleviate this symptom?

heres a pic i just took today i havent driven the engine since i noticed the problem,

second pic shows the hose layout from the breather

could using a smaller diameter than dare i say it (factory) hose cause this?

Old 05-27-2014, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)