View Single Post

Garage
Re Previous posts the facts are there, So I agree with the benefits of larger IC that said, does the Power gain of a larger IC also give more (Torque) ie; acceleration down low??

More to the point is responsiveness,

IS a Larger IC the best upgrade for that? i think many people when they say they want more power a lot of that relates to they want faster response,

Big IC ok more area leads to more cold charged air rammed down the tb,

The TB opening is about 3 or 4 inches diameter the TB is constant regardless of the size of the IC so there must be a faster velocity down the TB in order for those gains? doesnt there?

This is where it confuses me, this is prev i posted in a (sarcastic way)) how the hell can a larger IC if you dont make any other changes give more power at your foot??

How can a larger space make faster velocity from the Turbo, Is the Addition of a larger IC moot if you do not add a larger Turbo?

Does this need to be done hand in hand? or is it a waste of time?

I havent personally noticed a big change adding an IC to my Non IC car other than its a great place to put my tools when im working on the engine bay, but then again, many have said the factory IC is crap so maybe thats why.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)