View Single Post

Garage
This is very enlightening. My understanding of turbocharging and waste gates at altitude was incorrect. What I now understand is that the waste gate opens at 1 Atmosphere + what the waste gate spring is set at. At 7,000', 1 Atmosphere = .797 bar per the chart. Add the altitude adjusted atmosphere of .8 to the .8 bar spring and you have 1.6bar. The waste gate sees this as max boost; which is indicated as .6 bar on the gauge. Well, that is good news then.

Maybe I need to take a ride to the 4,500' Salt Lake valley this weekend to see if I build more boost. Should be almost .7 down there. A boost controller would be a good thing for varying altitudes.

I still need to figure out the WUR issue. On the back of mine, I just have the disk without the hole and the adjustment. Thanks for pointing out my mistake on the CCP adjustment. I'm not going to mess with that pushing the plunger in and out - I have a message in for Brian to discuss altitude compensating WUR and/or rebuild of mine. As noted: still lots to learn...
Old 05-30-2014, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)