View Single Post

Quote:
LOL You sayin' my cave is messy!
then you do not want to see my garage. the garage may be messy, but I try to turn out clean, blinged work.

just got my 951 track car project running, and hope to finish and hit the road as soon as I get a new elec turbo WP, old leaks. engine pic below.

then finally can get back to my 78 930 slantnose, clone project.

since a clone, considering what changes I may want to make. I have been wondering about cutting out a section of the rear firewall and make removable to service stuff on the back (or front) of the engine.

anyone ever do that? I know I need to be careful I don't compromise the strength is provides.

PO had the engine fully rebuild and modified, including twin plug heads. thinking about pulling the electromotive ignition system stuffed up in the fender well and mounting on the inside firewall.

so far partially dropped engine. new fuel pumps (front and rear), accumulator, and new engine bay fuel lines. got all the rest of the new lines just waiting for me to finish dropping the engine. but had to turn my attention to the 951. already missed the first couple DE track events.

86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)