View Single Post

Garage
Oil catch can plumbing with supercharger?

I have been enjoying my 3.2 Carrera with supercharger for about 18 months now with mostly DE track weekends. Last year on several occasions after a track session I found the oil cap popped off and oil mist in the engine bay. Long ago I had removed the breather/PCV system that ran back to the intake and added a home made catch can with small filter on top to atmosphere, but the oil cap is still popping off (even with new cap). Obviously I have extra blow by with the 5psi boost, but apparently the catch can and filter can't handle the volume of air so the oil cap pops off.

Should I plumb a new sealed catch can back to the input side of the supercharger to pull a vacuum on it and help relieve the extra crankcase pressure???

Better ideas?......

Thanks,
Dan

'86 Carrera . . . '87 951 destroyed by drunk driver ... '01 Boxster S. . . '04 Cayenne S . . .
Old 06-02-2014, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)