View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hams930T View Post
Good stuff... Nothing wrong with keeping the install looking as oem-looking as possible.

I did my pump setup a little differently. I ran a -6AN from the outlet side up back to the rear pump following the bracket path of the A/C line on the driver's side of the tub. The stock feed line is very small ID and restrictive.

In addition to that, I opted to run dedicated relays and 12awg wiring to the front and rear pumps. I used the oem wire that powers the front pump as my trigger for the relays. It is redundant but I chose this method because I didn't want the pumps triggered by switched power. This way, they only run under ignition as intended. By doing this, I am getting a very reliable clean 12v to the pumps with plenty of amperage available, and it is not stressing the original wiring/relays.

Pics...

Chris.
Looks good Chris. I like your neat wiring there on the battery. Very nice detail. Looks like you cannot put the skid plate on, though. That's something I had to have. I've hit rubber tire shreds on the street at night and they hit like a rock. These cars are so low, you need some sort of protection around that pump...for a street car, that is.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)