Thread: more HP
View Single Post

more HP

My track 930 has standard internals, plus the bolt on's as listed below.
If I was to go looking for another 50whp, what would the best way to go about it.
I am due to fit a bigger IC. I can change the cams. What advantage/characteristics would I get with SC or 964 cams. The SCs probably slip straight in. Does the 964?
I could open the intake ports in the heads - I see a recent post by JFAirman on that. But is that an advantage on the stock manifold? Generally I figure Porsche probably got this stuff pretty right, and in a non turbo world these changes affect the torque dynamics of the engine. (Narrow intake has a top end restriction, but generally higher torque). If just opening the ports gave more power, you might think they would have saved themselves some costs in the extra aluminium in the heads?
I can possibly change the turbo for a K27, but if I did it would be a 7006. I am told the 930S came out with this?
The old girl is probably due some attention. So while I am in there, don't want the opportunity to slip by.
Basically internal mods are OK, but externally the engine pretty much has to stay as is, more or less.
I've been trying to keep the car pretty well stock. It is a bit of a blast passing tricked up race machines with a 35 year old bog standard legend.
The beast is going very well, but I feel gravity is pulling me down the slippery slope.
I'll probably try and pull some more weight out while I'm at it, but it is getting to the hard(er) bits now.
Thanks
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-08-2014, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)