Thread: more HP
View Single Post

I'm off o/seas from tomorrow, for 2-3 mths. Plan to sort everything out, ready to tear into it 24 hrs from returning. Plan to follow Chris's suggestions from earlier, except undecided still on cams. Scared of loosing some bottom end with 964 option. Am also contemplating Elgin cam after zcokers post. Have contacted them.
Plan to dyno it before and after.
FWIW, my good lap times on track in video are 1.19s with 19.5 best. The best lap times posted by GT3 GT3RS and GT2RS are between 1.13s and 1.15s. They are on slicks, I'm on road/track tyres, and I limit the old girl to 6000 rpm, in deference to the 30 yr old valve train and p&cs. (that is changing when I tear it down). If I can pull another couple of seconds on them I'll be happy.
Thanks for the input guys, as usual. The only reason this beast is running at all is because of you guys.
Regards
Alan
83 SC, 82 930 (track) - Stock except for RarlyL8 race headers, RarlyL8 Zork, K27-7006, 22/28 T bars, 007 Fuel head, short 3&4 gears, NGK AFR, Greddy EBC (on the slippery slope), Wevo engine mounts, ERP rear camber adjust and mono balls, Tarret front monoball camber adjust, Elgin cams, 38mm ported heads, 964 IC. 380rwhp @ 0.8bar Apart from above, bone stock:-)
Old 06-11-2014, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)