View Single Post

I wasn't going to chime in here but...here I am.

1552 as a wheel company are a legit bunch of folks, are they using this as a marketing tool? Of course, you would be nuts not too. BradB@1552 and their crew are (in my opinion) enthusiasts just as we are and are doing what allot of wish we could, getting paid for their passion.

The whole spin around Magnus is from near as what I can tell not purely of his doing. Only in the first video does he even mention his clothing company (which lets not forget he and his wife built from the ground up). And it has not been till very recently that you could buy anything automotive related to him in a business sense unless you count the odd car that he has sold. So like it or not, the use of the term "shill" is pretty harsh.

When you are featured by the likes of StanceWorks, Crafted, Fitted blah blah etc you are going to attract a certain faux counter culture fanbase and I get why some see this as "swinging". It is not however like he is out there posting garbage and photo shoots etc on message boards himself. Read his blog....its a loose humble rambling about stuff he is doing and why its cool to him.

I have talked with a number of people who have met Magnus in person and each tells the same story, legit down to earth guy and a genuine Porsche enthusiast with a deep passion for all cars. If those stories were of a different variety and he was some douche then really my point is still the same. Making a judgment on someone and their motivations having never met them is pretty lame even when they are in fact lame.

I guess I dont really have a point but for some reason it irks me when I read people cutting down others no reason other than that they have a group of people who dig what they are doing.
https://medium.com/@crashingdoor
Old 06-17-2014, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)