View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
speaking of frustrating, I just had the pleasure of greasing my polybronze bushings again last night. The fronts are easy, but the rears are a pain in the @$$. One of the zirc fittings just refuses to accept grease, and the stuff just goos out all over the place. The parts work fine, but the maintenance is messy, and a pain. I'd not use them again were I to do it over.
If the springplate polybronze bushing grease fittings are in the right positions there is a type of fitting for a grease gun that makes them really easy to grease without any grease leaking past the side of the grease fitting anywhere.
I got one at harbor freight and put it on a $9 one handed grease gun I also got there and it works great every time.
I can't describe it other than you pull back on a ring and you can turn the end of the grease fitting thing on the end 360 degrees at any angle possible, and when you release the ring it locks in place.
I have a couple pictures of it somewhere. If I can find the folder they are in I'll post it.
Old 06-20-2014, 05:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)