View Single Post

Garage
930 Suddenly Going Lean

I just got done putting new torsion bars and rebel rsr mounts in yesterday and went for a drive on our very wonderful Nova Scotian back roads. On the way home I was accelerating in second gear, got on to boost and then the engine stumbled and fell on its face, seemed that I could keep driving without problem off of boost no matter the rpm. I made a few more attempts to get on boost and noted I was going lean around ~3900 rpm afr 13, and increasing drastically with rpm. I tried a few more things, thought maybe I was sucking air in between the metering plate and turbo but I could hit 1 bar at 3000 rpm and hold 11 afr steady to 3700 rpm.

Once home I left it idling in the driveway, pulled fuel pump relay 1 and the car kept idling fine, pulled relay 2 and it kind of bogged down and stalled slowly, I flipped the relays around to test them and same result, except it just bogged down a little but didn't stall this time. I then saw the fuse for the pumps was discolored and hot to the touch, I replaced it hoping it was my problem, no luck.

I'm thinking with the recent hot weather here I may have a weak fuel pump, anyone care to share their thoughts?
Old 06-29-2014, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)