View Single Post

Garage
I looked at this again this morning with PK.
1. The male threads on the oil tank fitting are no longer perfect; the first few have the sharp edges of edge thread "crest" slightly rounded off. I would used the word "galled". We undid them cold, in order to loosen the line to get the other end attached (at the scavenge pump). Probably if we'd heated it before loosening the 22mm nut fitting, this would have been averted.
2. I think the threads are 18x1.5mm but it would be helpful to confirm. I just would like to confirm that they are in fact metric and not a US pipe thread size (like an oil filter or gauge fitting). If this thread is US, then our options for creative, hardware store-type solutions would expand to perhaps allow a cobbed but functional fix.
3. If anyone has a tank at hand and could measure the length of the male fitting in question, that would be helpful in our assessing whether this is plain old thread damage or something a bit more three dimensional.

Note to all: don't lose your iPhone.....it sucks!

Best regards, John in Ct, aka John with an Alfa, aka He Who Took Pity on PK and wants to see our boy at Turbopalooza in his own car.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)