View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
damn... a month+ has passed here - whoops

I've either been under my POS or in my pool and not really on the forum much, depends on the day / hour 8-)

FMOC DONE (Len's lines are STELLAR, for anyone looking for options!). Valance ON (fitment is 98%, 1/4" proud forward by the line input to FMOC and right fog is a C-hair proud - I'll finagle another day.). H1s refurb'd and done (relays await). Front wheels ON. Mirrors ON.

a good view of Len's lines and Ron's brackets:

(I've glued the perimeter seal since the pic - prob trimmed the cooler tin for the lines for no reason, there's room between it and the fender... will likely affix a blank off plate at some point):

all buttoned up:

Moving toward the business end... motor IN. Axles and all peripheries CONNECTED (save for the oil tank to scavenge pump fitting I'm still dealing with). Blaster coil mounted (had to order and fab a new coil wire, damn MSD coil has male output). Struggled w/ clipping the dist cap back on last night and called it a night.

MSD MOUNTED - my Martini bud Ron fab'd me up a buncha brackets (front valance, MSD, catch can, turbo support), and I mounted the MSD - the unit is taller than the trapezoidal OE fender wall bracket the CDI previously resided against, so this panel affixes to the unit to that:

Rear coil overs and swing arms bolted up.

Tonight... hopefully press in the rear studs and assemble the rear brakes - then wheels go on.

This week... figure out MSD wiring (never did hear from anyone on that plug and pin source mentioned here before... I'll likely buttsplice for test fire time being. Then mount exhaust (V-band'd and ready to go), then... test fire.

Fingers verymuch CROSSED. Oy.

Then off to corner balance / align. Once back I can nail down last items like D-Zug strut bar, replacement indicator / high beam stalk, H1 relays, shifter press fitting repair (weld or pin after 2x JBWeld fail), and finalize my brake ducting connections at the back of the valance.

THEN it's off to Monticello and turboPALOOZ'er!

This... has been... a colossal... ASSLOAD OF WORK. Been at it in earnest pretty much non-stop since mid Feb-ish? Project creep to the max - whoops. I can eaaaaasily see how / why so many of you here... are... er um uh... divorced / single!!!

Said it before, sayin it again... be DEAD w/o the selfless help of my local idjut friends (I think AlfaJohn's only helping me out to hone his skills towards a hopeful / eventual 911 purchase - hey, I'll take it!).

I'm just hoping another series of swift kicks to the nutes do not await me upon startup / shakedown. Wish me luck.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |

Last edited by krasuskyp; 06-30-2014 at 07:59 AM..
Old 06-30-2014, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)