View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippy View Post
Ideally, you'd have a supercharger for low end punch, then a humongous turbo for top end. Solved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
Can be done. Many of the more modern screw driven superchargers now use a clutch to disengage the supercharger once it gets beyond its efficiency range, higher in the powerband. A turbo with a wide open wastegate lower in the power band could be engaged for top end at the point the supercharger is transitioned out. Pretty sure I recall a few custom (non-Porsche) cars that have done this. Electric turbochargers will make this conversation moot.
You guys are killing me. Would one of you be so kind as to give me $20-30K so I can do this and assuage my power starved life? Actually, any contributions would be greatly appreciated and accepted. I hope I don't get in trouble with the moderators for soliciting.

I did see an article a while ago about a 911 deviant with lots of $$$ that built or had built for him a supercharged 911 with twin turbos for the extreme top end made something like 1000 rwhp , the car cost in excess of $200K. I would love to drive that thing.

G
65 Chev Nova 385 Race, 85 Chevy Rollback
97 Ford Exp. EB, 90, 91 Toy PU
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)