Thread: WUR problems
View Single Post
Old car guy.....

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Is the CIS pressure gauge tool installed so the T fitting the hose going to the gauge is connected to is in between the ball valve and the fuel line coming from the fuel head?
If not the brass adapter fittings are screwed on to the wrong hoses and need to switched.

If you post a picture taken from farther back or with a wide angle lens on your nikon that shows all the hoses with nothing cropped out around the edges then we can tell if it's hooked up correctly by looking at it.

FWIW... as far as CIS goes I like the fuel head you have except I would remove the white paint and paint it satin black.
It's the oldest and first generation fuel head they ever put on a 930 and it was originally made for the 4.5 liter Mercedes V8 in the 450 series way back in the early seventies. Thats why there are plugs screwed into the 2 unused injector line banjo bolt bosses on it.
The cool thing about those fuel heads is you can hook up another injector line to either or both of them and use an injector controller like the one split second makes to install a 7th injector in the throttle body pipe or in the top of the intercooler end tank spraying straight down into it if there's room for it.

At the same time the money spent on doing all that could go to an efi conversion... and that would be the smarter and safer thing to do.
Here is my hookup.

Painting the fuel head black would make it disappear with all this white.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)