View Single Post

Garage
Tiny little progress

A month ago I wanted to mount the oil tank, but it did not fit!

Some little checking gave me the answer. One of the previous owners hat an accident (or two) however, the tank was deformed, but only the latch. If you don't know you don't see, bent to a Z. Tried to straithen, but no chance without damage the tank, too thin the material and only spot welded. As the rear upper corner was heavy deformated anyway regardless it was still seal, I wanted a new tank.

Said and done. Thanks to tadman here who sold me one for a reasonable price. Powdercoated and here it is:

Further I got back some parts from nickelplating. Most are fine, some like the hinge axxis and little parts of door lock were that bad (looked like heavy corrosion) I have to made new...

And finally the highlight of the week:

Homemade front hood lock. Only the two levers and springs stayed stock (besides the drilling, you know me) Rest is aluminum, anodized of course and POM for the bushes:

PS: You may notice on the second pic, that bedstop for the latch RH is slightly deformated. This happend after ten times release due the hammering force of the latch. Will replace this with a SS one for more strength compared to the aluminum...

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list

Last edited by proffighter; 07-05-2014 at 04:06 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #444 (permalink)