View Single Post
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
Working with my buddy who's an absolute genius with mapping, we've finalised the placement of my Lambda in exactly the same place as Tippy says above, the short pipe between the turbo outlet and the silencer inlet. This should deliver the best, cleanest signal for the ECU to use. (We were going to use 2 x Lambda's, 1 per bank, each mounted post merge collector before the turbo inlet flange....however, a little OTT, and IIRC (it was a while ago now), perhaps too hot versus placing a single one downstream post-turbo (although by then, I'd had the Lambda bosses welded in....but at least they're there, if we do have a sudden change of thought)

The sensor needs to be mounted as vertical as possible to prevent condensation in the system from knackering it prematurely.

ETA - presume you know this, but do NOT cut and reconnect the huge Lambda plug in order to thread it through to wherever you're connecting it.....the plug is tuned to the sensor at factory, by fitting a balancing resistor (I believe); if you start hacking it about, you add junction resistance points into the circuit.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject

Last edited by Spenny_b; 07-07-2014 at 02:43 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)