Thread: MSD Success
View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_6 View Post
fredmeister, do you have any update to running your suggested curves of 34 BTDC? Very interested to hear what you learned.
I have had huge issues with the MSD 6AL2 programmable box itself. I am in the process of removing it from the car and sending it back in to MSD for analysis.

I have messed around with the fuel system thinking the missing problems and temperature related misfiring had been fuel head or fuel pump or relays because it did not make sense that a brand new MSD box and coil would be bad.

The car only ran well on me for a few months last summer. So I hesitate to comment. But now I realize that has nothing to do with the timing curves themselves but a malfunctioning unit. All my experience with engines and education tells me 34 degrees should be ok at light loads and hopefully when I get a good box back in the car I can experiment some more.

Hopefully other curves will be posted on the forum here from the 6AL2-programmable box, as I know I am not the only one using in his 930.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-07-2014, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)