View Single Post

I know how that feels sort of.. I bought a new 14 pin connector for the rear wire harness too because mine was broken when I got the car. I thought I was ordering the connector part that goes on the harness but the part number I had turned out to be the other side that mounts to the aluminum rear relay panel. Had to wait 2 weeks for it to come from Germany and it came with new male pins and everything.

Didn't want to order another one and wait so I decided to make it work. I drilled out all 14 holes holes a little bigger for the female pins that are soldered on to the end of the harness. It worked and it takes a while to get all those pins in the right holes and get them to stay there while you fiddle with the others and get them all in the rest of the holes so you can snap the cover on it to hold them all in place.
The cover was not easy to snap on either. It took a while and trying different tools but I finally got it on without breaking it.
I'd take a pic of it but it's getting dark now and raining again.

Today I installed a new rebuilt 160 amp high output alternator in between rain and drizzle and made up new power and ground cables for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo930 View Post
It's ok to add to my misery... we are both heading in same direction "hopefully"
Hit a snag again , these cars just don't give in easy . Bought a brand new 14 pin connecter and wouldn't you know it got in to much of a hurry and 'CRACK"

@$#@&%"""**#@$%#$%$^*!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need to say more ...

Kozmo
Old 07-08-2014, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)