Thread: MSD Success
View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat_6 View Post
Let us know what MSD finds. I have been fighting poor starting and have been messing with the AAV. I now have it dialed in but still have poor starting occassionally.
I started to think its a fuel accum. problem but it started perfect after sitting for a week. After it sat another 5 hours and then tried starting it had to turn over for 3sec. or more before catching.
Now starting to think the MSD is inconsistent??
I will provide feedback as soon as I get in contact with them. Good or bad you will get a straight story from me.

This problem for me stems way back to when I first installed the 6AL2 programmable unit. I fought thru alot of problems back then getting it to run and changed out a whole lot of components thinking that it could not be the box itself.
The car actually ran for me for a short time but most of the troubles seemed to clear away once I got the car up to running temps good and hot. Getting it there was the issue.
Now the car wont run for beans cold and I cant even get it to idle for more than 5-10 minutes once it does finally start for me.

I was even blaming the timing curves for awhile but once I tried all manner of curves, also locked it at a set timing, and even ran with no retard it still acted up.

I hope MSD does me right and honors the warranty in light of all the money and time I have lost trying to resolve this on my own.

I appreciate the help a few of you guys on here have given me about wiring this thing up and other questions I posted along the way, you know who you are.

later,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)