Thread: MSD Success
View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
thanks for taking the time to reply, Fred

mine is the 6AL-2... came with a separate sheathed length of green / violet wires w connectors @ each end

that what you mean?

So that will plug directly into my dist?

Ugh... so confused...
Yeah the separate sheathed wire green and violet should have a plastic 2 pronged connector on either end. One plugs into the lead from the MSD box and the other connects to the green coax out of your distributor.
On some early cars (mine is a 79) the green coax from the distributor runs into the engine harness and to the CDI box connector without a break. If you replace that with the shorter green coax connector meant for a 928 which you can order here on Pelican, one end of it plugs into the dizzy and the other end would plug into the connector on the MSD wire. This saves you from cutting your original green coax wire and splicing it to the MSD green and violet. Much cleaner this way.

The 928 green coax plastic plug is a different design than the MSD so its not a direct matched part but it will work with massaging. Then Iwould wrap it with black electrical tape to seal it off.
Just found the part number for you......
Part Number: 928-602-907-00-M100 ........but holy crap I dont think I paid this much for this thing. Look around some and see if it can be found cheaper.

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 07-10-2014 at 02:14 PM..
Old 07-10-2014, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)