View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
well, I've now proved I can yoink a muffler and turbo in about 20min

2hrs total...

...the other hour 40?

12 kicks to the crotch!

My dual 044 install this winter resulted in today's road test revealing a massive leak @ the front pump.

Course I read Fairman's install notes after I'd done mine - note to self: Be Prepared

i.e. do not attempt FP install w/o ensuring you replace the rubber feed hose from tank - no matter how rubbery it still feels

yeah

awesome

went out to garage to pull the muffler to look for oil in the turbine - yep... THANKS SELLER (I'm following up w/ him now to see what he has to say before any names named)

wicked awesome

but

I smell fuel. Lots of fuel.

So before I pull muffler, I note steady stream of fuel coming from under nose and all over my garage rug (was going in the bin anyway after all these projects, was pretty nasty). Jack it up and get buckets under there - of course - I had JUST road tested... to the gas station. NEARLY filled it up - thank fookin goodness I didn't. "Only" 8-10 gallons. Yeah. Super (literally?).

Pulled the turbo while the tank drained, then cleaned up the colossal friggin mess. Wife thrilled @ the whole house stanching reek. Yay me!

Will aim to ship the snail out to like Durabuilt or something for seals. Pisses me the fukk off tho... bought from known poster (shop owner!) here w/ a claimed 4k mi out of his own car. Yeah. Great.

ASSuming seal job can be turned around <14 daze? Then I still need to cb/align/further shakedown. Perfect.

Hope yer summer's eve's (heh) are goin better than mine. Kick me in the jimmy! Do it again!!!!!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)