View Single Post

Mine was also doing that when it had dilivar head studs in it and I was running 1.1 bar of boost.
It's not normal and it's caused by the heads lifting when running more than stock .7 to .8 bar of boost with stock dilivar head studs torqued to SC or Carrera head torque specs of around 24-26 foot pounds. I've been told they should be torqued to 32-36 foot pounds in a turbo running 1 to 1.2 bar of boost as long as there's no corrosion on them.
Of course you need to do something to the CIS to have enough fuel to run that much boost or go EFI.

Since putting in ARP head studs torqued to 38 foot pounds with new 3.3 Mahle pistons and cylinders and rebuilt heads they don't leak there at all and stay perfectly dry.

FWIW, while the rods were out of the motor I had them resized and new wristpin bushings installed and machined for the new wristpins that came with the piston and cylinder set and used new rod bearings.
Then I balanced the rods down to 1/10 of a gram best I could on a triple beam scale in my kitchen.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)