View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discseven View Post
TC --- Too funny about epoxy not setting when you watch it and setting when you don't!

Not to boot you but this gel actually works really well with this vinyl material given the woven backing. The gel penetrates the backing to a degree so once it cures the bond is monster. And I will be clamping where form & space allow.

I'm quite sure there are any number of ways to skin this dash-cat. Some will swear by contact cement. Must be other adhesives that will work as well. Great thing about this forum is sharing different ideas as we do. Thanks for your comments TC!
We are totally cool, and that would have been my next recommendation to test different ones. I thought you would have to get a soak in to the materials to have it take a good bond and I thought it would probably absord too much that it would wick some volume from the other surface to where you would have to let some applied to the base to be glued to and the material you are gluing to set up a little tack before joining! I if I am bonding my materials will now give that a try myself when I get down the road from the current engineering and fitting of the hard parts.

PS I like to see guys doing things themselves. I never take much of anything ever to any shops except for machine work. Thumbs up to you!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)