View Single Post
umop apisdn

To clarify - this is a project we put together deliberately for a DIY solution, so we intend it to be roll-your-own as far as the hardware goes. Although we have written portions of the MegaSquirt software (the recent CAN broadcast stuff started from one of my projects) we are not dealers or tuners so would be reluctant to even try to supply a kit.

What I will be doing is testing and developing against a readily available set of parts and presenting a few options, so you can cobble together your own setup as the project moves forward. We do have a design in play at the moment for a two piece metering block for my vehicle which might be marketed, but honestly there is no need for it and DIY is the way to go. Thierry25's thread from 2009 shows a good sample of the best setups without the 'bling' plus a huge amount of data that helped us immensely, so this is a pay-it-back to the community.

This project could either replace or live with the existing stock/BL WUR and definitely keeps the remainder of the CIS system.

The software for the MS when ready will be released for free to anyone who wants it We've run the tuning software on a 10 year old laptop with windows XP and its fine under Windoze 8.1 too so pretty much anything with a serial port should do.

I ran through the same decision process over CIS v EFI which is why this thing happened. I didn't want to go through the pain of tuning the thing from scratch and felt CIS just needed a little extra help to be refined.

Bosch state in their technical docs that K-Jet was designed for performance and it was only emissions requirements that moved them away from it.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)