Thread: Feeler: '86 930
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tt surgeon View Post
Having been there snd done that, I'd say a 993tt suits your needs. At least on paper, in reality their prices are also sky high right now, almost to the point you couldn't mod or track the car.
Perhaps a 997tt would be the best option, ESP the 997.2tts. Bone stock it will outrun any aircooled car (or gt3) on the track, very fast. In fact the only gt3 that will touch it is the gt3rs4.0.
All good points especially about values of 993TT's. I don't want to track a 993, just want to mod it to a nice 500-550HP and be done. Nothing irreversible. Just like my 996TT but air-cooled.

As for 997TT's, I just do not want to track another turbo. Too heavy, too complicated, too much crap that goes wrong. Even though a GT3 might be slower I would rather enjoy the speed than have a heavy GT car that is prone to failure. My 996TT can run with GT3's and is far faster HP-wise, but the feel, the unreliability, etc. is a downer.

Funny, 4 years ago when I began this quest I was looking at 993TT's in the $60's and 997GT3 RS's in the $90's. My 930 has appreciated accordingly while my 996TT has remained the same. But to pay up this much in this market is tough.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)