View Single Post

It's been around 6 or 7 years since I had the evaporator housing out to do a Rennaire serpentine AC evaporator update in the smuggler box and I'm having difficulty remembering where that plastic hose goes so I may be off on that.
I can't imagine Porsche would let it drip and collect water in the bottom of the smuggler box. That would cause problems.

I know there is a hole in the bottom of the smuggler box and a little plastic pipe sticking out of the bottom of the plastic evaporator box goes through the hole and drains condensation out under the car.

edit: Thinking about it some more, the round duct on the bottom is another air inlet that also takes in air farther over to the left side down by the floor. The air inlet that has been blocked off with a panel pop riveted in place had the fan speed resistance wire coils for the slower evaporator fan speeds 1 and 2 in the air flow through that duct to cool them.
The top duct is where the cooled off and dehumidified air from the evaporator exited the evaporator housing.
Still can't remember where the little plastic water drain hose goes...

Last edited by JFairman; 07-18-2014 at 05:58 AM..
Old 07-18-2014, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)