View Single Post

Garage
Installed some new goodies

After collecting parts over the past year I finally got around to installing everything and I am very happy with the end results. I installed B&B headers and dual out exhaust, B&B intercooler. RUF .9 spring, Fabspeed dump pipe, K27 Turbo and Fabspeed cold air intake. I also installed an NHS boost gauge I think that added the most HP well maybe not but it looks cool. I also removed the air pump and all of the plumbing using the plugs sold by our host.
There is a very noticeable improvement especially with boost. The boost seems to come on smoother and the power seems to be there throughout the RPM range. I have not had the car dyno'd yet but I hope to soon so I can see if there is any noticeable horsepower gains.
I sourced all of the parts from the classifieds here and as usual the members here were really great to deal with and as helpful as can be. Also Mike at B&B was really great to deal with anytime I called him for whatever I needed he got it right out to me. I bought the header installation kit from them and he also made me a shroud for the intercooler.
I wanted to only change things that I could simply bolt on and easily remove if I ever wish to return everything to original.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)