View Single Post
umop apisdn

Another foolish thought comes to mind.

My 928 is currently basic K-Jetronic, and I have the parts to allow the next level of K-Jet/Lambda by changing fuel distributors to a Mercedes unit and adding the frequency valve, which, if the WUR is retained would bring it to the same level as the later 911/930s.
I also have a Mercedes V8 KE-Jetronic FD on its way so we can evaluate that side of the MicroSquirt programming.
So that gives us the hardware required to evaluate the system against the three generations of CIS on the one car during development.

But I was thinking, in order to work on the KE-Jet version I would be dropping the WUR and FV as the pressure control is now self contained on the FD. If that works as expected then there would be no sense in returning to the older generations of CIS. Would a similar upgrade be attractive for the turbo guys out there? i.e direct electronic control of a late Merc CIS-E head instead of the frequency valve?

www.FrankenCIS.com
Old 07-23-2014, 06:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)