View Single Post
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
Q: I don't want to stop boosting, so what do I do, do I retorque?? if so how much around 30?
If so can someone send me a link on howto? cos im not sure which nuts I should tighten, (serious),
Robby, best not to retorque the head stud nuts in your engine . . . they are made of a notoriously horrible alloy called Dilivar that has been known to break even when new/just installed on engines that have not yet run. The most you would want to do is to lightly check each one with a ratchet just to make sure that none are loose. Retorqueing is asking for trouble and you would most likely snap a few of them off.

Regarding the oil seepage - there is nothing you can do about it without disassembling the top end, having the mating surfaces checked for flatness (and having them machined accordingly) and installing superior head studs. Does the amount of seepage mean you must do this now? Absolutely not - not nearly bad enough if none of the studs are currently broken. For the time being, simply stick to reasonable boost levels like Tippy said (best to stay at or below .8 BAR with the OEM intercooler).

And PS - smooch it, bub!!!

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 07-23-2014 at 09:35 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)