Thread: 968 v. 928
View Single Post

Porsche Crest 968 v. 928

I'm a newbie here and I've got an important question

I'll soon (hopefully) will be in the market for a front engine Porsche and, in my opinion, the two best cars in that category are the 928 and the 968. I am wondering what the opinions of the forum are and if I could get some pros and cons of each. I currently have a Corvette which I will be putting on the market to assist me in my purchase.

I like the looks of both, and frankly, that's probably because they look quite similar. The 928 is appealing because of the power but a detractor for me is its GT like nature, as opposed to a sports car such as the 968. I've always been a 944 turbo fan but the body on the 968 is beautiful and notwithstanding the turbo S, has more power. My concern with it is its power, however, as it only has a stock rating of 236. I'm not against modifications that net decent gains with little invasiveness but can one expect close to 300 naturally aspirated, reliable HP out of a 968 without tearing the lower half of the engine apart to get it?

I'd love to know what everyone thinks.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2014, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)