View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyg View Post
Hi , No I odnt have any of those symptoims, only symptom is an oil stain around near where theright side exhaust manifold connects,

Today ill take a spring our and go back to .8 bar to be safe,
Robby,
Do you have the stock cylinders on your engine? I'm using the C2 Turbo cylinders on mine and they have the issue Porsche noted some time ago with what Porsche described as "weeping" between the cylinders and heads. Weeping was described as visible oil moistness on cylinder/head but not leaving spots when parked. Lucky me, I'm the benefactor of Porsche's poor execution. Dropping the engine this Winter for a reseal.

Chris (TurboKraft),
Isn't possible to get some oil seeping past the rings when the vehicle has been sitting for a while? It was my understanding that piston rings do rotate somewhat in their respective lands during operation. Didn't the 993 engines take care of that by putting a tab in each of the lands to prevent ring rotation and ring gap alignment?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P

Last edited by WERK I; 07-26-2014 at 06:59 AM..
Old 07-26-2014, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)