View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
Tug, do you happen to know what the specs are on ,your turbo kraft setup I bet it's the short PP with the adapter ring and the TO bearing extension with either the centerforce or Sachs. PP.
Hi, for the future mods you've listed, you won't need any big bad clutch, just a basic lightweight setup:
* Sachs 1976-77 3.0T aluminum pressure plate
* aluminum ring gear spacers + stainless release bearing extension
* standard 1976-77 3.0T clutch disc [1]
* standard 1976-88 930 release bearing
It's that easy.
The one we sold Tug has the next stronger pressure plate.
It's only proper that I tell you that you can source these from the host of this message board.
Alternatively, we can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
Tippy, this is good to know as I'm leaning towards the centerforce kit that has the Kevlar clutch disk.
I don't see any need to raise pedal pressure for my power level. The centerforce kit increases clamping force with a stock pedal feel from what I gather. Should be good for at least 400/400 and is about 7 pounds lighter then the stock tall pressure plate. I was a little worried about the disk but I'd bet most late model stock supercars are using some type of carbon fiber or Kevlar for the stock clutch disk. I've heard good things about the Sachs stuff and the centerforce 255255 setup is just a reworked 76-77 turbo Sachs PP with increased to 935 spec clamping force and the Kevlar disk so not only do you shed 7 pounds from the PP but with the adapter ring and TO ext you keep more of the mass of the PP closer to the engine.
Not entirely correct. The Centerforce pressure plate does not have significantly increased clamping capacity. The increased torque capacity is because of the dual friction clutch disc lining.

[1] coincidentally, Sachs has upgraded the standard 930 clutch disc with the high friction slotted lining from the 964/993RS, so higher torque capacity now comes standard.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 07-29-2014, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)