View Single Post

Updates...

Went to start the car today, and it tuned over but no go. Checked with a strobe light, no spark.

Checked for 12 volts at the Cdi pin 4, that was fine. Checked all of the ohm recommendations to the other pins as listed on permatunes website. All looked fine, except 1 to 5, and I don't know if my meter was reading right. It's supposed to be faraday, my meter read volts.

Checked grounds front and back, read good on the meter.

Put everything back, started right up.

Went to hook up the the afr leads directly to the battery. The 3 small leads to the positive terminal were hot!!! The wire covering was turning black. What the heck?! Figured perhaps a loose connection, so cleaned them off. Still got hot to the touch. Looked at all of the relays. All cool except the rearward one, which was barely warm.

Did get some afr readings though...these were just with the oxygen sensor up the tail pipe about a foot. Tomorrow it gets installed in the bung.

At idle, cold start starts at 14, then in 5 seconds or so it's at 15.7. Then it slowly gets richer, and after a minute plateaus at 12.7 or so. And it stays there. Will drive it tomorrow.

So it seems like an electrical issue, right?

What are the 3 smaller wires off the positive battery lead? Will clean the battery terminal, and check amperage at those leads next. I would think if something were overdrawing juice I should be blowing fuses... Bit I'm not...

As always, thought appreciated.

Bo
Old 08-01-2014, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)