View Single Post

Quick update...

Installed the afr gauge. Found the perfect spot for it, with pics to come.

Just to the right of the steering wheel is a small quarter sized vent hole. Looks like it was for some kind of option? Pulled out the plug filling the hole, and epoxied it to the back of the plx afr gauge. Now, I just push the gauge into the hole, and can easily remove it. Looks and works awesome. Also it's a very high visibility spot.

So, after several minutes of running, afr was 13 or so. Gunning the motor, went down to 10.8 or so while parked. Tweaked the idle mixture and got it to 14.7. Car didn't like it. Gunning it to 4000 rpm the car sounded fine, but back burbled like crazy on deceleration. The burbling was like the deceleration valve was disconnected... But it wasn't.

Then... It died again, no juice to the sparks. Big backfire when it died. i assume thats because the fuel pumps worked, but the spark didnt. Sigh.

What are you guys running at idle? The car seems way happier at 13-13.5, then at 14.7. I assume the afr will change while driving, and when the turbo kicks in...

Any other tips and tricks to differentiate between the Cdi, coil, and other stuff?

Thank

Bo
Old 08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)