View Single Post

finally fixed...FINALLY FIIIIXED!!!!

yes, despite not having checked my AFR's to see where they are and if it is still going lean at cruise, it is fixed. it rins sooo smooth now. no bucking, no slight vibration at cruise.
here is the final run down:
coil
intake leak, #2 and maybe others
napa rotor- minor setback
fuel pressure gauge-major setback

see my post on intake gaskets for details. short story. proper orientation and i also slid them towards the skinny side of the intake to help cover the thin area.
also used loctite 5970. very interesting stuff. expensive stuff BMW and mercedes use. i dont know if intake leaks were part of the original problem when i got the car or if i created them. it did have other vacuum leaks.

lastest miss sounded ignition. could not figure it out since all was less than a year old. but, probelm started when it would break down at high RPM only. then started to get worse at lower RPM then all the time.

smelled rotor burning.

i think my CIS gauge went bad.
system pressure dropped .4bar. i have a new gauge that i put on it and it was reading close to what it was. after many hours trying to figure out whay my pressure dropped i concluded the one set must be bad and sdjusted pressure based on other set.

now i have what sounds like an exhaust leak on the right side.
studs are good. no broken valve spring. tried to compress each rocker. could not do it.
you know, i NEVER had this much trouble out of my 77s.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[] RUNNING:[_] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [_] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 08-05-2014, 06:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)