View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Steve,
The 930 fuel lines from FD to injector are stainless steel.

IMHO, if you want max response times of CIS, everything should be sensored in real-time upstream. Throttle Position and Air Mass will insure fuel mixtures stay at optimal levels.

I share your view on UTCIS's stepper-motor approach to CIS. Stepper circuitry/motor are inherently laggy compared to other solutions, available torque for drives in such a compact unit could be problematic and voiced that to the guys at UnWired. And since it is somewhat easy to scramble a stepper's reference if torque is insufficient, I thought it was a bad solution.

Regarding the frequency valve/injector solution offered by Bosch and Andial; Bosch's approach was to help car manufacturer's meet ever increasing exhaust emission requirements at low engine speeds. Andial's solution was to help CIS richen fuel mixtures under boost.
DPR? I'm not as familiar with the later '86 and up CIS systems on 930's as I should be, but where is the Digital Pressure Regulator on a 930? Are you referring to the Frequency Valve?

I wish you had a Porsche 930 mule engine to do your research. Technically, you could run the engine in NA mode initially by running a cheater pipe from the metering head to throttle body to get your baseline and then reconnect the charge line back up to the throttle body to MAP your boost settings.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-07-2014, 04:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)