View Single Post

Garage
Sabine is quite the legend you're right. I think BMW decided to let her go partly because she was only available some days as she is an active racer as well. They now use BMW driving instructors from their school if I read it right... However, Sabine was a true Nürburgring girl, that's where she grew up. She had set the track record when she was just 19, that's pretty impressive

These small Swifts are really fun you're right. Everywhere I read said not to take anything too powerful for the first time at the Ring and I think it was a good idea to stick to the Swift. (I would have had to go two car levels higher to get another manual transmission) The deposit for any other car was much higher. Driving in the Carrousel (where the picture was taken), you could really feel the car's suspension work hard, it was my first time with a Carrousel banked as steep as that, it lets you carry a lot of speed but you don't want to track up and get out of the banked portion before the end

By the way, if anybody is thinking of doing it, the guys at Rent4Ring are quite helpful when planning the trip and you have to stay at the Dorint-Hotel am Nürburgring, it is on the Grand Prix track and the ambiance is definitely the best for the event.
1985 Black 930, K27 7006, Garretson Intercooler, Adj boost, TB: 23 - 31mm, bielstein sport shocks, ER polybronze bushings front and rear, ER monoball joints front and rear with offset camber plates, 935 X triangulated strut brace, raised spindles, racing bump steer kit
1981 Black 911sc (sold)

Last edited by Roby466; 08-07-2014 at 10:52 PM..
Old 08-07-2014, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)