Thread: radios
View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave at Pelican Parts View Post
Brett Johnson's "Restorer's Guide" (available elsewhere on this site) lists several. It is not clear how many were actually built with radios, as opposed to had radios installed by the importer or by the dealer. I have heard that "most" 914 radios were dealer installed, but I'm not sure if that carried over to the Sixes.

I remember at least a couple of Blaupunkt options listed in the book. I don't have access to it right now, though.

--DD
Daves points are spot on as usual,the Blaupunkt Frankfurt's seem to be a common one that popped up in my research,seems the USA cars had the mono and the euro models had the stereo version,that was rated @ 10watts total or 5watts RMS/channel and very much sort after by many ,the mono version less of course,this isn't the rule and I guess its about what box the US customer ticked before purchase.
As the prices of these in good condition is starting to hit the roof its a good time to buy now,have seen control knobs and front face plates reaching big prices also.
There is a guy on ebayUK that has them fully restored (@ a price? search vintage blaupunkt) and he has the covertor cables to run a remote amp or ipod,think an theres old style din plug in the back so you can go to RCA's easy,someone could correct me here?.
My car has a frankfurt and they are a very cool period piece,with ipod integration and /or a remote amp you good have a reasonable sound in that wee space.

Will search further as have other info in my faithfull OLD HP laptop recently retired but still going.

Last edited by porschetub; 08-14-2014 at 07:55 PM..
Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)