View Single Post

Ok. I think I fixed it, though I am not sure how.

My battery cables were getting hot. The 3 smaller wires to the positive terminal were hot after a couple minutes. Looking a bit, it looked like the large of the three was the culprit, and was turning black.

I was getting ready to do some major electrical searching, when a buddy asked if I had tried just changing the crimp on the end.

I couldn't see how that would fix anything. But I went to take the end lug off, and under the heat shrink it was severely frayed at the crimp. I cut it off, and put on a new connector, solidly crimped.

All of a sudden, everything worked. Idle was perfect. Wire was cool to the touch. Went for a ten mile ride, no issues.

Honestly, I am shocked something so stupid could be the issue, but seems to be. Perhaps as the wire got hot, the voltage to the ignition system dropped, and it all went to crap...

Guys, go check these 3 red wires on your positive battery post. If they are hot, change the crimped ends...

The Afr is now 14-14.7 at idle. 13.8 at cruise. And drops to 10-11 at full boost. Runs like a bat out of hell... Again.

Thank you for your help.

Bo
Old 08-17-2014, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)