View Single Post

Thanks Dave.

The resevoir looks cracked, but it isn't...just dirt/cobwebs. Once the mechanic is done, it goes to the detailer for a good underside cleaning.

Yes, the fg brake ducts come all the way out to the body (just behind the slats) as I've seen in other cars. I'll try and take a pic from that angle.

Finally, I agree it is hard to tell if they are wood and I read how many mixed answers there were on this. My dad is a master woodworker who makes amazing craftsman style furniture. In fact, he just made a beautiful spalted maple vaneer for our backdated 911 R Gruppe car (see pic). He inspected these slats pretty carefully and thought they felt like wood. Of course, unless you cut one in half you will never know. Has it been clarified if all original slants were wood or did some come with a polycarbonate piece?

Pic of the spalted maple dash my dad created:
1986 Backdated Carrera (R Gruppe/Rallye Toy)/1999 BMW M Coupe (Track Toy)/1973 BMW 3.0 Coupe (vintage touring)/ 1965 BMW 1600 (Rare first run...needs resto)/ 1967 VW Beetle (Wife's C&C toy)/ 1966 MB O319 22-window bus (vintage hauler)
Old 08-23-2014, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #866 (permalink)