View Single Post

Factory Slant Question

Paul-
Your car looks like a genuine factory Special Wishes model to me and was most likely one of the Sonderwunsche turbos brought in by Scottsdale Porsche-Audi back in the eighties. Scottsdale was the most prolific US importer of the factory slants and ordered their cars through Hahn Sportwagen in Stuttgart. Hahn worked closely with Porsche Werke 1 to see that the cars were ordered and built to Scottsdale's specifications. These cars were generously optioned with the special goodies that were only available to European Porsche buyers such as the performance engine, rootwood dash, LED boost, and leather covered everything. My 1986 factory Slant (link below) was also purchased through Hahn in Stuttgart and was one of a number of German cars I personally imported back in the eighties.

I think that Porsche and PCNA looked the other way during this period but this activity certainly played a part in encouraging the eventual availablility of the Slantnose package through the US dealers (who were losing expensive car sales/profits). Porsche, along with BMW and Mercedes ultimately acknowledged the demand by US buyers for the performance models and options previously offered only to European purchasers. This disparity fortunately does not exist for today's auto enthusiasts.

1986 Porsche Slant Nose Turbo with only 2,500 miles | Porschebahn Weblog

More pictures of your beautiful red metallic Slant would be appreciated when available.
Good luck, Bill
Old 08-23-2014, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #867 (permalink)