View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TZ 197 View Post
This is what the '84 euro slant I was dealing with had for vents. You could see the duct/sheet metal seam at the inner perimeter. All else was factory parts and had the insulation wrapped front cooler lines running through the trunk.

This car was bought and sold as genuine, but sometimes I wonder. When someone shows exact details of a completely documented pre 505/506 it would sure help confirm. Or maybe they tried different stuff?

TZ 197,
Thanks for sharing. I've never seen a seam like that before. I know the '87-'89's used a technique like that because they had now mounted the oil cooler in the brake vent. Is the other side's brake vent like that?
Hopefully, we can get some other owner's out there with '84 Sonderwunsch's to chime in. Of course, build numbers of these cars are so small that it may take a while to get someone's attention.

Here's a pic of my '85 Sonderwunsch's brake duct/vent taken a while ago.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-24-2014, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #871 (permalink)