View Single Post
3 restos WIP = psycho

I defer to your expertise. I'll call Ollies and tell them to add porting to the bill. Question then becomes: What's a set of aluminum injector blocks from TurboKraft run if I go with >36mm ports? Do you port the exhausts to the same spec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboKraft View Post
I would if it was my car.

I know there is the rationale that small ports = higher port velocities, and thus better low speed drivability, and if you choose follow this, no problem. You're entitled to your opinion.

My $0.02:
I used to adhere to this as well. If Ruf and Andial did 36mm ports, then that has to be best, right?
But the more we ported heads, the better and better the cars got. More punch. More torque. More HP. More drivable.
Now 36mm is our minimum size (most you can bore stock plastic injector blocks) and most of our CIS engines are 38-40mm (40mm is ID of stock CIS gasket).

Heck, when SC and Carrera heads were plentiful, a lot of builders used to slap them on 3.3L Turbo engines. A 3.3L with 41.5mm 3.2L heads is by no means a lazy engine off the line.

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 08-27-2014, 09:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #111 (permalink)