View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedSlantnose View Post
I didn't know a 930 could last over 200,000 miles. Good to know, but of course it's a Porsche, so they're made to last

Considering how it has a ton of miles on it, it's most likely worth less than $50,000, but definitely more than $20,000.
Mmmm
Ive seen cars with low 30k miles and theyre rust buckets or full of bog and fg

Condition is #1 to judge value and if above car has no rust and matching numbers then its a 70k car easy.

Would you buy a 930 if it had low miles but rusted floorpan and panels?
I wouldn't.,

But id buy a well kept original car regardless of miles..

Plus So many people (restore) their cars with parts they buy from Porsche or wherever, and show off their car cos they've replaced every part with a new one,
but whats the point of that?
But even though their parts might be original oem they are not original to the car, they were not put on the car by a Porsche worker in Stuttgart many years ago.

Many prospective purchasers overlook this and believe the lower mileage the better.

I find the most important to have a car with all the parts possible still installed and choose to restore the part and put it back in rather than replace it unless its broken or irreparable of course, but as yet personally ive been lucky and my Daily Driver 930 maintains 99.9 percent of its original parts and is turning 38 next month and done a quarter of a million kays, and drives like new still.

My two cents
Old 08-29-2014, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)