View Single Post
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
You can buy a metal to rubber control pressure line that goes from the top of the fuel head to the control pressure regulator/WUR from Porsche that has a pressure damper in it.
It smoothed out or dampened the control pressure changes when getting on full boost and closing the throttle and flooring it again so the fuel metering disc under the orifice in the CPR would last longer.
It mounts to the side of the air flow meter housing just below and to the right side of the fuel head. I don't know the part number but I think it's still available and it might be special order.
It has been talked about here before some years ago so maybe a search would find the posts about it. I think the post had the part number in it.
Jim, are you referring to this: Control Pressure Dampener from 930SE
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 09-09-2014, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)