View Single Post
umop apisdn

Thanks Gentlemen,
The unit mentioned also appears to have been used on either side of the Frequency Valve in Benz CIS-Lambda installations which are running at the same frequency as our little monster. If my math is right this early in the morning then we are dealing with a 0.0026cc pulse volume at a low-ish frequency of 100hz so on a 1 square cm diaphragm .015mm of movement +- resting point would be all we need to absorb the pulses.

Alan, thanks for the assist! I'll try the smaller units we have here first and will call on your offer if it looks like a larger damper is needed.

copied from the other thread mentioned
Quote:
Might have some new info in referance to the WUR add on dampener.

In my 91 turbo book it notes they added "capsule valve" to the top of the fuel distributor in order not to retard the over-swing effect during acceleration.

This replaced the fixed orifice in the line to the WUR. This capsule valve opens as soon as the control plunger is lifted by movement of the metering plate during acceleration.

It goes on to say--

"Operation:

When the throttle valve opens, the air energy forces the sensor plate down and control plunger is moved upward. The fuel above the control plunger lifts capsule valve, i.e. flow is not directed past orifice, but is deviated around the valve. Movement of the components is thus not slowed down and metering port can therefore open faster and to a greater degree. The pressure pulse inside the line leading to the line leading to the control pressure regulator is absorbed by the flexible hose connected between fuel distributor and control pressure regulator."

Basically, this lets the metering plate move quicker with acceleration reducing potential for lean condition. Especially between shifts. (Maybe another small reason to keep the de acceleration valve?)

www.FrankenCIS.com

Last edited by Reanimotion; 09-14-2014 at 04:12 AM..
Old 09-09-2014, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)