View Single Post

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
OK, here is my take on stance, but it is just my personal taste, way too low for most out there.

Now for the bottom line...What exactly do you want out of your car? If it is just to get it low, then adjustable rear spring plates and twisting down the front adjusters will work.
However, it will ride like s#@t, it will handle like s#@t, trust me I've been right where you are at. I too started with the simple approach, like I noted above, bad end results.
I then went a little further, with various different parts-n-pieces, still no joy.

What I wanted was a low car, that rode well, handled very well, and was not too harsh to live with. When you drop a 930 very far, you lose too much suspension travel, bump compliance and steering balance, not to mention the fact that your suspension is no longer working in the proper range or with the proper geometry.
There is only 1 way to really do it right......

Here is what I ended up with for an overall great package with virtually no compromises.

Rebel Racing front control arm bushings.
Rebel Racing rear spring plate bushings.
22mm front & rear adj. Tarett anti-sway bars.
Wevo weld on rear anti-sway bar mounts.
Strut tower brace.
23mm front torsion bars.
31mm rear torsion bars.
Front spindles raised 40mm by ERP.
ERP bump steer kit with welded braces.
Von front strut inserts, custom valved for my torsion bars.
Von shocks rear, shortened overall length, custom valved for my torsion bars.
Fikse 18" x 11" rear rims with 295-35 BFG KDW 2's.
Fikse 17" x 8.5" front rims with 1/4" additional negative offset with 255-40 BFG KDW 2's.
Corner balanced & with aggressive street alignment.
Tire life, about 10K on the rears & 18-20k on the fronts.

No it was not cheap, but I could have saved about $750 by not trying the first two trial-n-error approaches, and just simply have done it right the first time.

My .02 worth, take it or leave it.

Mark

Last edited by full quack; 09-19-2014 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-18-2014, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)